Real Estate Development Management
IMEC provides comprehensive management of real estate development programs.In addition to managing the planning, design and construction on behalf of the Owner, these services typically include managing and/or coordinating one or more of the following:
- Financing/funding support
- Location and site selection
- Economic feasibility studies
- Preparation of total development budgets
- Management of environmental and planning approvals
- Scope definition and project concept development
- Property acquisitions and dispositions
- Approvals & Permitting
- Sales & Marketing Support
- Design Team Selection
- Cash Flow Management
- Lease Analysis, Negotiation & Oversight
- Payment Requisitions
- Preparation of operating proformas, marketing and coordination of the development program
The most significant capital programs demand the right strategies and innovative solutions. IMEC manages the planning, design, and construction of building programs, whether it involves multiple projects and multiple phases on either a single campus setting or on multiple sites. Our talented professionals understand the importance of innovative cost-effective solutions and high-quality, efficient management. Our extensive experience in sustainability, design management, project management and construction management means that we can manage complex capital programs in any market sector.
IMEC provides a range of services throughout a program or project, from early feasibility studies to move-in and start-up of operations. Our seasoned practitioners will develop and oversee the award of contracts, procure materials, develop budgets and schedules, and manage the necessary reporting and communications. Our services are always tailored to meet each owner’s individual needs.
IMEC’s Program Management services include:
- Serving as the single point of management for the entire design and construction process
- Developing the scope of work for various project participants
- Assistance with selection of design, engineering, testing and inspection professional
- Maximization of front-end planning to expedite the construction process
- Management of programming, planning, design, and construction
- Serving as an extension of our clients’ existing staff
- Suggesting a variety of delivery systems for design and construction
- Establishment and management of budget and schedule
- Providing value engineering input and cost analysis
- Preparation of bid packages and manage the bid process
- Establishment and maintenance of quality control standards
- Providing periodic reports reviewing the status of each project
- Providing traditional construction management services.
Successful project management(PM) is driven by proactive decision-making during the early stages of planning and design. IMEC’s record of success on PM assignments has been built by the dedicated teams that are assembled at the beginning of a project. Our innovative approach keeps teams involved throughout the life-cycle of the job, so that there is a deep understanding of the client’s goals and project delivery preferences.
Our PM teams balance the demands of scope, quality, time and cost. They are able to discern changing priorities and act promptly to address them during the evolution of a project. Working side-by-side with the owner and the design team, IMEC gains deep insights and develops overall, integrated plans for logistics, management of budgets, expenditures, and schedules to coordinate the worksite for the most efficient use of resources.
Our professionals utilize their skills to achieve outstanding results in key project management areas that include:
- Scope definition and management
- Establishment and maintenance of communications procedures
- Budget development
- Master schedule development
- Site selection assistance
- Architect / engineer & Specialty selection advisory
- Development of project-specific websites
- Cost estimating and value analysis
- Identifying phasing alternatives and establishing milestones
- Constructability and bid-ability reviews
- Procedures and logistics assessment
- General conditions and contract requirements advisory
- Bid phase management
- CPM scheduling and schedule monitoring
- Cost control oversight
- Professional on-site management
- Leadership of job coordination meetings
- Contract administration and management
- Regular inspection and quality assurance enforcement
- Progress and financial reporting
- Documentation and file maintenance
- Change order management
- Open item tracking and reporting
- Issue avoidance and dispute resolution
- Contract closeout supervision
- Commissioning oversight
IMEC is known for its innovative implementation of PM techniques and controls that move a project forward on-time and within budget. We also understand the importance of keeping all project participants informed with up-to-date progress reports to gauge a project’s status.
Drawing upon the experience and talent of the most appropriate practitioners and uniting them into a well-organized, integrated and cohesive management team. Specialized training, mentoring from senior managers and on-the-job training ensures that IMEC employees have the skills, knowledge, and talent to complete any project regardless of size, location, or complexity.
IMEC’s teams use the latest technological advances while maintaining strict design-to-budget levels of quality required to meet your project goals and objectives.
Our construction management professionals focus on providing leading practices for private, local, state and federally funded construction projects in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Construction Techniques
- Subcontractor Management
- Health and Safety Inspections and Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
IMEC provides front-end regulatory and design consulting, engineering and program construction management services in addition to constructability reviews, scheduling, inspecting, and testing, processing of contractor pay requests, negotiating and preparing change order requests and contract modifications.
Recognizing the different needs our clients have, we focus our expertise to serve their specific requirements.