Construction Project Manager – Greenville, North Carolina
The Project Manager is to ensure that projects are planned, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The Project Manager will be held responsible for all aspects related to the project.
- Supervise the set-up, execution and close out of projects.
- Develop/track project budgets to include all costs for labor, materials, and subcontractors.
- Manage master schedules, project time lines and milestones.
- Provide updates/formal weekly schedules for all current and prospective projects to owners/executive management.
- Competitively procure materials, equipment and subcontracts. Perform a detailed review of the bids received to enable the buy out of the project at or below the amount(s) in the original estimate.
- Write subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders in a timely manner so that they are executed and resources are available prior to their scheduled delivery.
- Monitor and maintain the project schedule including interaction with subcontractors, material suppliers and other vendors.
- Ensure pre-task planning for coordination, quality control, and safety is being properly done on the project.
- Coordinate with Project Superintendent all RFI’s and ensure that all field RFI’s have been properly entered.
- Identify, document and discuss with the Owner all Change Requests in a timely manner. Monitor pending Change Request Log to ensure that Change Requests are resolved.
- Process Change Orders for all approved Change Requests. Ensure that all Change Requests have an execute change order prior to proceeding.
- Adjust projections, project schedules and other change order requirements in a timely manner.
- Monitor cost issues daily and adjust projections as required to ensure projected costs are an accurate account of final project costs.
- Complete project close-out documentation and ensure that the punch list is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Undergraduate degree required in engineering, construction management, or related field. Graduate degree in engineering or business a plus.
- 5 years of successful experience as a project manager.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and familarity with construction methods and building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Scheduling, purchasing, estimating, and management of personnel, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are achieved.
- Candidates will be proficient with computers and must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Microsoft Project experience is a plus.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills.