Estimator – Baltimore/Washington DC, North Carolina, South Carolina
IMEC is seeking an Estimator with at least 5+ years of commercial construction experience for the Baltimore/Washington, North Carolina and South Carolina areas. We are looking for a flexible, detailed oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
As an Estimator, you will be managing multiple projects at any given time. Estimators will work primarily on hard bid and negotiated commercial projects within our core markets. Estimators will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are required to have the skills detailed below.
- Complete project close-out documentation and ensure that the punch list is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility documentation.
- Prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of unity costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Write and negotiate subcontracts.
- Participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost/budget information to the customer/owner.
- Actively participate in value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Develop business with new and existing customers.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Experience being a member of a team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software (Timberline or similar), project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Construction Estimator, preferably within IMEC’s core market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude”.