Project Engineer – Baltimore/Washington DC
IMEC Group is seeking a Project Engineer with a minimum of at least 2+ years of commercial construction experience for our Baltimore/Washington region. The project engineer will be on commercial projects within our core markets which include Government, Defense, Corporate, Healthcare, Education, and Industrial.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The project engineer will work closely with all members of the project team and will be responsible for the tasks detailed below.
- Working knowledge of subcontracts with trade contractors.
- Prepare work scope and organize cost structure.
- Prepare, monitor and update master schedule.
- Prepare rolling schedule.
- Document impacts to each project.
- Identify and formalize changes in the project.
- Distribute change documents to all affected parties.
- Issue and expedite requests for quotations to subcontractors and vendors, and review quotes for fairness and accuracy.
- Prepare estimates for IMEC’s change orders.
- Prepare and submit accurate change requests in accordance with the owner’s requirements.
Weekly Construction Meetings:
- Prepare agenda and documents for distribution to include schedules, logs and meeting minutes.
- Follow through on all action items.
- Adhere to IMEC’s Health and Safety Plan to constantly maintain injury-free environments.
- Assist superintendents and project managers with implementing & executing the projects.
- Prioritize the duties of engineers, field office coordinators, project accountants and other assigned project staff to ensure all job duties and project requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist project manager in keeping all cost and project details in the job costing system.
- Prepare monthly progress reports by incorporating material purchases, costs to date and change orders
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 3+ years of experience as a project engineer, preferably within IMEC’s core market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or similar field.